About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

To Two (Too)

If I were a gambling man, I'd wager today was a big day for people - especially superstitious ones - to put money down on some combination of twos. Though briefly tempted to do so, I'm not a gambler nor am I superstitious. 

But letting this date go by without noting its numerical magic was not an option. After all, over my entire lifetime only three dates - January 11, 2011, November 1, 2011, and today share five identical consecutive digits: 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 2/22/22. Though I wasn't blogging back on 1/11/11, 11/1/11 somehow escaped my attention. Ten days later, I made sure to correct that oversight, especially because November 11, 2011 holds the distinction of being the only date over my lifetime with six identical consecutive digits: 11/11/11.  

Reflections From The Bell Curve: At The 11th Hour....  

Joni Mitchell once remarked about these "...coincidences that tickle the imagination..." So even though I wasn't awake at 2:22 a.m. today, I made sure to look for that tickle at 2:22 p.m. Alas, that minute came and went - I was working out at the gym - with nothing noteworthy occurring. What were you doing at 2:22 (a.m. or p.m.) on 2/22/22? 

OK, with no magic, I'll resort to a brief quiz to keep 2/22/22 fresh. From easiest to most difficult:

1.) TV show? 2.) Dresswear? 3.) Statesman

(Answers provided in next post if no one [or two] steps up)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Pat. I, too, had fun with 2/22/22. And in honor of it being on a Tuesday, and while I was exchanging messages on FB with some HS friends, I would end each comment with a reference to 'Two's Day'. Sadly I missed making note of the day/date at 2:22. Although at 2:22 I was sure I was sleeping so I only missed one. As for your Quiz: 1) Room 222 (used to love watching that), 2) A Tu Tu, and 3) Sorry - drawing a blank
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Anonymous" Bob; Thanks for trying your hand and congratulations on getting two out of three right. The statesman is Desmond Tutu.

      Delete