About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Note to New Jersey Weather Whiners

I'm not above whining on occasion. But I admit to having little patience for people who whine about the weather. Anyone share this pet peeve of mine? 

I get especially annoyed with New Jersey weather whiners. In my view, people who can easily find fault with New Jersey's weather are likely to be chronic complainers. What exactly are they griping about? The occasional oppressively hot summer spells? How long do any of those typically last? How much time have those kvetchers spent in Florida? Phoenix or El Paso, anyone? 

Yeah, we sometimes get the tail-end of hurricanes - and yes, Sandy was a bummer - but again, how about a little perspective here?  Those tail-ends are almost always milder than being caught in the middle of it, like say, in South Carolina. Crippling snowstorms have been known to land here but compared to Buffalo or northern Minnesota? Come on complainers, get a grip.

Tornadoes? Less than rare. Mudslides or wildfires? None that I can recall over my seventy-three + years. Earthquakes? All those routine weather events that occur in other parts of the U.S., New Jersey escapes largely unscathed. And, consider a couple of final things, grumblers: Monsoons? Tsunamis? Do me a favor, will you? Enjoy our enchanting change of seasons, deal with the occasional bump, give the whining a rest.     


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning! I agree:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Always glad to bring a smile to someone. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon, again, Pat. I have always been of the opinion that NJ offers such a wide variety of weather. With the possible exception of Springtime, you usually know what time of year it is in NJ without thinned to complain or while. A friend of mine used to say 'If you don't like the weather in NJ, wait 20 minutes, it will change'.
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bob (today's finale, aka chapter five); Thanks for affirming what I expressed in my post. Second note to NJ weather whiners: Get a grip.

      Delete
  3. Agree...we are pretty lucky weather wise. Especially the last week was amazing, containing at least 2 of the 10 best days of the year!

    ReplyDelete