About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Repayment Day

Over the thirteen-and-one half years I've been blogging - aside from my wife and daughter - there have been perhaps three dozen other regular readers who have made more than a handful of public comments here. Though I disabled the "followers" widget from my home page many years ago, I also know there have always been some other regular non-commenting non-family readers. I know that mostly because those folks have frequently communicated with me offline, in some fashion, about posts they've read.  

I'm grateful to everyone in all three groups - frequent commenters (past & present), infrequent (past & present), and non-commenters. And, if you are what I've come to call a "passer-by" - comment or no comment variety - thank you for reading me today, although you can stop now. Almost everyone else: Feel free to skip the next paragraph. It is pertinent only to one person from group #1, present tense variety.   

Thank you for taking eighteen minutes out of your life this morning to make comments on four of my posts. Although this is not the first time you have written more than three comments in one day, and it's not even your record for most comments made in one day, because I happened to be writing a post on a different subject as your comments arrived, I was able to notice how much time - at minimum - you spent today on a task that rewards me but gives you nothing in return.  

Back to everyone from all three groups and any passers-by who ignored my earlier suggestion. If there is a way I can re-pay any of you for reading or commenting, please tell me what that is. Connecting in a small way with anyone who has taken precious time to read or comment here has been - since March 2011 - a powerful and affirming experience for me. If I'm able, I'd like to reciprocate. 

Reflections From The Bell Curve: Maiden Voyage


6 comments:

  1. I too figured it must be Bob:)! Your thanks for responding and thoughtful comments on our comments are repayment enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Thanks for your support and willingness to accept my thanks as repayment.

      Delete
  2. Hey Pat. I wonder who this 'Bob' person they're talking about. Honestly it really has been a pleasure being part of this group. And thank you for your kind words. I enjoy reading your posts. I enjoy reading others comments. I enjoy, and am jealous, when someone (Hello Chris - lol) beats everyone with the challenges you post. And I have to agree with Ines .. Reading your responses to our comments is a big part of the enjoyment. So, thank you, Pat, for that.
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; You're a mensch. I'm glad Mr./Ms. Anonymous and Ines knew I was speaking of you.

      Delete