About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Imagine This Day, Only Different

For readers who've indicated I ask too many weird, difficult or heady questions here, I suggest you abandon today's post right now.  

When was the last time you tried to imagine how a particular day would have gone if you had completely different interests?

Driving from 8:30 a.m. until 9:15, I listened to the playlist for the final day of my Beatles class. From 10:00 a.m. until noon, I taught that class, playing twelve recordings and doing one live performance of Beatles music. Driving from 12:30 p.m. until 2:00, I listened to "Looking Into You: A Tribute To Jackson Browne", a new two CD set of other artists doing Browne's music. From 3:00 until 5:00 I practiced my guitar, working on about fifteen songs from my repertoire, part of a project started in November 2011 to learn 300 jazz standards. From 5:00 until 9:00, I taught four guitar students.

And then, as I drove home a little while ago, I tried imagining what this day would have been like if music were not my lifelong companion.

1 comment: