About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, July 17, 2016

#42: The Mt. Rushmore Of The Mt. Rushmore Series

Because the Mt. Rushmore Series was initiated exactly four years ago on this date, I'm hoping at least a few of my regular readers will indulge me for being so self-referential today. To the rest of you - apologies. Below are the links - four, of course - for the Mt. Rushmore of the Mt. Rushmore series, selected because this group has received the most views. Chronologically, they are ...

1.) http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2012/07/1-mt-rushmore-series.html

The maiden voyage of the series - my Mt. Rushmore of life experiences - is in the top four and also got four comments back in 2012. Nice symmetry, no?

2.) http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2013/12/18-mt-rushmore-series.html

I recall getting a lot of offline response when chiseling my four most memorable ending lines from film into the mountain. I often wonder why people are hesitant to be public about something like this; seems harmless enough.  

3.) http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2014/11/28-mt-rushmore-series.html

This post from 2014 probably benefited from a class I was teaching at the time; I'm a shameless promoter of my blog in my classes.  It was gratifying to re-visit it and still feel so passionate about these four timeless songs from the 1930's.

4.) http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2015/12/38-mt-rushmore-series.html

This was one of my favorites, four highly memorable if flawed Dads from literature. The fact that this post got so much attention makes it one of those rare instances when pleasure with something I wrote coincided with reader interest, making the post clearly Mt. Rushmore-worthy.

I won't push my luck by asking anyone to carve a Mt. Rushmore from my Mt. Rushmores. Even the most faithful reader would understandably blanch at something that solipsistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment