About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, September 30, 2016

If You're Ready

"Yes. You should read it. But maybe start at the end. Then circle back."

Had I initially done what that underlined sentence on the final page of "I'm Thinking Of Ending Things" suggested, it's doubtful I would have "... circled back ..."

But, because I'd started at the beginning of this dark and disturbing book and never got off my chair until 210 pages whizzed by, "circle back" I did. I couldn't help myself. I had to understand how this author did what he did. But this is not a book recommendation: Iain Reid's 2016 debut novel is clearly not for every taste.

"People talk about the ability to endure ... But you can only do that if you're not alone. That's always the infrastructure life's built on."

Yes. You should read it. If you're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment