About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, September 18, 2016

On This Day In 1983

Although I told my wife I was going to marry her on our first date, she has never let me forget it took me a while to get around to it. But just as I was certain she was the one for me on that first date in April 1978, I was equally sure when we were married thirty three years ago today that we would grow old together. What I didn't fully understand on September 17, 1983 was how rich that was going to make my life as the years accrued.

I treasure many things about my wife. This past week as we hiked together in the Rocky Mountains, I continually reflected on two significant barriers she has not let dissuade her - chronic asthma that began years ago and a tibia fracture from a 2014 skiing accident. Either of these alone would be excuse enough for many people to never attempt this kind of strenuous high altitude hiking. She was the one who planned our hikes. Her moxie inspires me.

I can easily gauge how high an opinion I have of any woman I meet. If I think my wife will like her and want to introduce the two to each other, that new acquaintance of mine must be first rate.

3 comments:

  1. You made me cry - in the best way. I'll tell you more in person. Love, Your WIFE p.s. does this mean you forgive me for not skiing?

    ReplyDelete