About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, September 19, 2016

Restored By Quiet And Footsteps

There are few things in the world as restorative as spending time in the profound quiet of isolated outdoor spaces. Where do you go when you want an experience like this?

On our last hike in Rocky Mountain National Park, three of us stood apart from one another in an isolated meadow for about ten minutes. I closed my eyes; there was not a single sound to be heard - magic. I'm guessing my two partners were enjoying the silence as much as I because none of us spoke as we resumed the hike. For quite a while, our footsteps were the only discernible sound. I found myself paying close attention to the way our feet sounded beneath the subtly changing terrain.

Now I yearn for the next opportunity.

1 comment: