About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Being Certain

Forty-five years ago tomorrow my world was irrevocably altered when I shared a first meal with the woman who would become my life partner that same day. 

Despite the predictable bumps all long term relationships must endure, I can honestly say I have never looked back. I told my future partner that I would marry her on that first date - dinner at a seafood restaurant in Atlantic Highlands followed by listening to some live music in Aberdeen - then took over five years to get around to it, an early misstep she has still not let me forget. But I was certain on that day forty-five years ago she was the one, and I remain equally certain today.

When have you been as certain about another person as quickly as I was on April 17, 1978?

https://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2023/01/my-true-north_12.html


4 comments:

  1. It was lovely to listen to the song again. I can't say I was ever as certain as you were on one specific day. But, I am glad to hear your story again! It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Thanks for the comment and the nice feedback about my song. I'm especially pleased our story made you smile.

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Pat - Just me being a mensch again - lol.
    I also have to say that it was fun going back and listening to that song again. And such a wonderful gift to give to someone. For me, I admit there was a time, a place, and a special person that might come close to your experience when you met Kim. And, ironic perhaps, there was one time that took place in Atlantic Highlands (Did you ever go to the Hofbrau House?). I felt certain at that time ...
    Be well,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob Mensch; Thanks for listening to my song again and bigger thanks for the comment. Our Atlantic Highlands link is a bit eerie, right? And, no I have not been to the Hofbrau House.

      Delete