About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, February 12, 2024

Dispatch from the Tip of the World

No words can convey what it felt like today standing 4000 feet above sea level at the southernmost tip of Africa. The picture - inadequate as it is - will have to suffice. 

But as awestruck as I was by nearly every sight we saw today, the evening we just spent at an African restaurant in Cape Town called Gold could end up being even more memorable. As we sampled small plates featuring the cuisine of eleven different countries, our Road Scholar group was also treated to a vibrant musical feast. The drumming, the singing, and the expert marimba playing were augmented by acrobatic dancing, puppetry, and face painting. A peak experience.  



13 comments:

  1. Love the update!!! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara; Thanks for the comment; it is indeed amazing.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not sure why it made me anonymous, but it’s Kelly

      Delete
    2. Kelly; Thanks for the comment and glad you like the new look.

      Delete
  3. Wow. Think you should wear this every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison; In order to do that, I'd need to hire a face painter. Hmmm. Maybe I will.

      Delete
  4. Last year I planned a J&J program in South Africa and we had the 25-person group go to Gold for dinner. it is a 'must do' while in the Cape Town area. Also a Table Mountain tour. Glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not-so-anonymous; We took pics on the Table Mountain tour as well but the one I published from Cape Hope seemed more appropriate. As for our night at "Gold" - it was one I'll never forget. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  5. I too like the new look! LOL! Glad you are enjoying yourselves. We absolutely loved Cape Town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Glad you like that look. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  6. Pat,
    Wow and ... WOW !!! Thanks for posting,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; Wow, indeed. What a moment it was being at the Southernmost tip of Africa. I feel so fortunate. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete