About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Fourth Dispatch: Walking Through a Rainbow

You read that correctly. Among the many highlights this trip has delivered, walking through a rainbow while at Victoria Falls yesterday is - at least right this moment - near the top of my list. However, if I'm able to get a Wi-Fi signal tomorrow, my next post could well declare something different as near the top because every day has had several moments of magic. 

Starting on the flight from Cape Town to Pretoria last Wednesday, I began asking the other sixteen folks on this journey for their highlights to date. As we left Zimbabwe earlier today and headed to our final location in Namibia, I began re-asking the same question. To the person, everyone I spoke with cited different highlights this second time around.  

The picture below, taken during our elephant walk in Hwange National Park, may help explain why it's difficult for any of us to land on a favorite highlight. Each day delivers a new treasure that ascends to the top of the list. 



8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! My elephant picture! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to this! Our trip to Africa had the same highlights you mention. The animals are spectacular. Although my favorites are the elephants, we had a laugh yourself silly moment with Hippos. They are really noisy and huge! Can't wait to see if that shows up on one of your posts:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Thanks for the comment. I want to hear about your hippo moment when we next talk. With so many pics to choose from, I'm not sure if any of hippos will make the final cut; stay tuned.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Anonymous; Thanks for the comment; it was a cool moment for sure.

      Delete
  4. Hello, Pat. Wonderful pictures. Walking through a rainbow !?!?! ... I can't even imagine what that would have felt like. Nor what it feels like with all that you're experiencing. And it looks like you made a friend on your trip. Good for you - lol.
    Be well .. Looking forward to your next post.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob; Thanks for multiple comments (again) in one day. As far as that new friend, I'm afraid we don't have much in common aside from enjoying peanuts. Do you think we could build on that?

      Delete