About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, July 8, 2011

And Now, For Something Completely Different

Although I've posted most days since starting this blog on March 15, I've limited the number of postings I send via Facebook (like today's) to about one a week. My thinking: I'd rather not inundate my Facebook friends; then maybe they'll want to STAY my friends and occasionally read the posting I send. I decided to use this week's Facebook posting for something completely different.

www.celticcharms.org

That link is for an organization I have been involved with for about a year as a volunteer member of the Board Of Trustees. I recently increased my involvement and now also do volunteer "handy-man" type work at the physical location in Howell Township. Celtic Charms is run and funded by an extraordinary husband and wife team named Bill & Christine Landuyt. I have learned two powerful lessons from Bill & Christine in the short time I have been involved with them:

1.) To paraphrase Margaret Mead - "Never under-estimate what one person can accomplish; all great things start with one person." Bill & Christine give of themselves tirelessly; it is hard for me to convey how hard and unselfishly these two people work. You just have to see it. And you have to see the results with the people they serve. I am humbled by their unselfish effort and exceptional generosity.

2.) Every time I watch Bill And Christine interact as a couple, I realize how far I have to go to be a better partner to my wife. I know being around them inspires me in this regard; I hope it rubs off a little.

Visit the website, please. And then tell me what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment