About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Until Next Time

Aside from your spouse or partner, how many times have you felt completely in sync with another person? Even when this kind of experience is fleeting, it is still very powerful. The closest analogue might be the eerie connection identical twins are often said to have.

More than once, I've thought of the husband of an old friend as my soul mate. I was instantly smitten the first time we met and even though we haven't spent a lot of time together, every time I see him the connection deepens. Having always had more women friends, I treasure this relationship.

In our most recent conversation, we spoke of our Fathers. His moving anecdote about his Dad opened me up to share one about mine. Two men discussing the most important male relationship from their young lives. I look forward to the next time we're together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment