About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Questions From A Reasonable Man

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."  - George Bernard Shaw

Although I recognize the wisdom of Shaw's words, my need for approval has often made being unreasonable very challenging. If you share my need, how do you reconcile this dilemma?

Also, I'm not particularly confident making a distinction between being unreasonable and being difficult. Are you? Even the idea of being unreasonable about an unjust law gives me pause. It's possible that conflict is more about courage than unreasonableness. Is there a difference?

How many people have you met that you would call unreasonable? Would you also call those people courageous? I wonder who was Shaw's inspiration.        

No comments:

Post a Comment