About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Best Of 2015

Of the end-of-year posts I've published, only the first category below has now been used four years running. I welcome hearing your best of 2015, using any categories you'd like.

Best concert: Diana Krall at the Count Basie Theater. Krall's regular guitarist (Anthony Wilson) never fails to floor me.

Best new habit: Finishing books before reading the jackets - often ridiculously hyperbolic - or the author blurbs. As someone able to be swayed by words of praise from a favorite author, better to skip that praise and arrive at my own opinion of a book honestly.

Best time away:  Tie - Our Sierra Club service trip to the Virgin Islands Resource Center and later  visit to Denali & Kenai Fjords National Park in Alaska with Road Scholars.

Best documentaryThe Wrecking Crew. Because this is a film about studio musicians, it may not transport you as it did me. I still suggest you give it a chance. Then let me know what you think.

Best party: Our "Pot Luck & Posts" bash in April, celebrating our five year old "Eat The World" project - twenty "new" national cuisines sampled in one feast - as well as one thousand  reflections from the bell curve.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment