About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Saving The Best For Last

Thanks to those who have asked about progress on my current recording project, the first in a long time. Because I'm using a friend's home studio, a completion date is hard to pin down but the final result will be available through this blog site so stay tuned.  

In the meanwhile, it's exhilarating to be working on my own music again. On more than one day while recording, I've felt my creativity surge. In addition, memorizing all those songs by great composers like George Gershwin and Thelonious Monk over the last five years has clearly helped me mature as a songwriter and arranger. To what was your most recent creative surge connected?  

After the tracks are complete, then my daughter comes to the studio to add vocals. Nothing beats saving the best for last.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to having these songs recorded so that I can listen to them whenever I want to. I LOVE Happy Just To Start A New Day!...and I'm so glad you are working on this with Ali. It makes me happy just to start a new day.

    ReplyDelete