About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, April 28, 2017

Eating Badly, Sleeping Late, Cranking Every Tune

It's up to you to decide how to define long term relationship when answering this: What sticks out in your mind as something you did frequently prior to getting into your current long term relationship that you no longer - or rarely - do? And no malarkey about this being a hard question. I wager I've got to rewind more years than many of you but I can still easily come up with three to get us started.

Before my partnership with my wife began I routinely made poor eating choices. Her love has helped me in many ways but this is something that springs to the front of my mind, especially on those occasions when I regress to the bad diet Pat had at twenty eight years old.

Although it might have shifted anyway - given my regular working hours moved from nocturnal to more conventional soon after we met - these days I rarely stay in bed past 9:00 a.m., no matter how late I retire the night before. My wife comes from a family of morning people and though my late night stamina remains strong, I'm still up just a few hours after she is most mornings because my time with her is valuable.

The final item is aimed at rescuing this post from unremitting mushiness and it gives you free rein to bitch when you comment. Prior to April 1978, I frequently listened to music in my home at volumes that made the paint peel. My only opportunity to do damage to my hearing now is when I'm alone or ... hypocrite that she can be ... if I'm playing "Candy's Room". Just one song I can crank to eleven? Not fair, you know?

1 comment:

  1. HA HA! I'm not really so one dimensional. As said in response to another post, PUMP IT UP also qualifies for 11. And Prove It All Night - since that's the first song you learned after we met. And I'm the Man. And Beat Crazy. And Happy. And Walk Like An Egyptian. And Pterydactyl. And Radio. And Joe Jackson's Caravan. And Nessun Dorma. And Eminem Without Me. And....

    ReplyDelete