About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Suffering School

Long ago, I settled on an ego-preserving definition of what "going viral" means in the blogosphere. I'll spare you the numbers I use to prop myself up. But checking my cumulative stats just once a year helps prolong the fantasy, especially with Blogger's nasty interface intruding via thrusting those daily numbers at me. That daily pain is invariably mitigated whenever I get reader comments - online or off - bringing me to today's mission. 


Please open the link above. All six entries are worth reading; my favorite is entitled Suffering School Semester Abroad. The one most closely related to today's solipsistic reflection from the bell curve is entitled To My One Substack Subscriber, although it's much funnier and also has a cute picture.  

At minimum, I believe you'll enjoy the honesty, humor, and vulnerability in any entry you choose to read. But back to me. If you comment either here or - even better - on an entry from Notes from Suffering Schoolyou'll be helping preserve my fantasy about breaking through in the blogosphere. Don't tell me that's not tempting. 

4 comments:

  1. I’m not sure how to thank you and not out myself at the same time! I am honored you gave a shout out to the odd little Substack that makes sense only if you’re a student already in Suffering School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina; You're welcome and I'm glad - I think - if I forced your hand a little. Your work deserves to be read.

      Delete
  2. I guess I am not in Suffering School. Can't relate to this at all....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ines; Thanks for taking a peek at the site anyway.

      Delete