About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Always Searching

As you get older, is it harder for you to find new music that really juices you? I can always go back and find new covers of great tunes by Gershwin, Smokey Robinson, Lennon & McCartney etc. But I have to admit, curmudgeonly as it sounds, I'm having more trouble these days finding new stuff that grabs me by the throat. I'd be very curious to hear any recommendations you have.

Having a 22 year old definitely helps. At my request, not long ago she filled up a CD for me with stuff from a variety of contemporary artists. Of all those she picked, the artist whose original material has grabbed me the most is the Black Keys. Recently, I've also noticed that when I ask who is doing the unfamiliar tune I'm listening to in a public space (like a coffee shop), the answer has been "the Black Keys" more than a few times. Happened to me yesterday; the tune - "Have Love, Will Travel". Heard it yet? No? Get it in your I-tunes library, now. (At least I'm not such an old fart that I'd say "buy the album" (sic).

But I'm always searching for more so please, send me your ideas. If you share it with me via a public comment (much easier to do now that I changed a default setting on this site), others will benefit. Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment