About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Cocktail & A Conundrum

Having a good memory has come in handy a lot for me. In several domains of my life, e.g. with music, in relationships, for learning, I've been grateful for this trait.

Here's the rub. I'm a little thin skinned. So when someone says something that hurts my feelings, which is not hard to do, I tend to remember it for a long time. A friend of mine used to refer to this tendency as part of my "Irish discourse". But I'm the 6th generation on my Father's side (the Irish part of my heritage) to be born in the U.S., so I'm not inclined to accept ethnic explanations. To me it just seems like I remember too much. Which two traits of yours when combined add up to an unpleasant cocktail like these two of mine do? What are your strategies for working around your cocktail? What suggestions do you have for me?

Forgive & forget? I've gotten a bit better at the forgive part of that equation as I've gotten older. The forget part? Got myself a little conundrum there, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment