About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blogging & Blah, Blah, Blah

Though the online conversation I envisioned this blog might inspire has not been as robust as I'd hoped, I have noticed how much more satisfied I've been with my offline conversations since I started blogging. And though I'm selfishly pleased when a conversation is connected to one of my posts, I've tried to not initiate those conversations. Even so, several times since March, people have begun conversations with me by saying something like "..You know that post you wrote about blah, blah, blah, well, blah, blah, blah..."

Though I can be just as self-centered as the next person, I do try to then move these conversations away from whatever I wrote and elicit answers to any questions I posed online. I'm interested to hear what others think about the subjects of my posts - that's why I wrote about the subject to begin with. And though I'm not above conversations about people or events, I now prefer conversations exploring the realm of ideas. I've detected an increase in those types of conversations in my life lately; it's possible my blog is helping that.

You? What kinds of conversations most appeal to you? How much is dependent on the mood and/or others involved? How inclined are you to dive below the surface? And what do you think about the causal link I'm suggesting between blogging and more satisfying blah-blah-blahing?

No comments:

Post a Comment