About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Flat Screen Hell

I'm guessing flat screens, making them easy to fit anywhere, are a big reason it's so difficult to escape TV anymore. My idea of justice? The inventor of flat screen TV spending eternity watching endless reruns of the show he/she hates most, with the volume turned all the way up.

Is anyone else bothered by how hard it is to escape TV? I now ask to be seated out of sight and hearing of the ubiquitous TVs in many restaurants. At my local diner, it's impossible to accommodate me - there's one staring at you no matter your seat. Hotel lobbies, airports, my dentist's office, for crying out loud.

As annoying as the public noise is, I struggle nearly as much when I'm in a home where the TV is on most of the time. Though it's not my place to say anything, I find it intrusive. It makes me wish I were someplace else, away from TV.    


  

No comments:

Post a Comment