About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, August 10, 2012

You're Not A Kid Anymore...

What do you miss not being a kid? Not necessarily things you never do, but those things you do far less of now vs. when you were a kid. I'll get us started with two simple, silly things I miss.

I miss giggling as much as I did when I was a kid. And I miss how my body moved to music with no regard for tempo. I love dancing. But as an adult, I'm acutely aware of moving with the beat. Watch kids sometime  - there is little thought re the beat; their heads sway, their arms flail, beat be damned. Let's face it, giggling and moving to music willy-nilly are things we do less of because of inhibitions, an adult word if ever there was one. Before I get a little more serious, weigh in - What silly things do you miss not being a kid?

I sincerely wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard an adult say "I'm not creative"; for every person who says it, there is a unique story. However, I submit the crux of many of those stories involves something  people miss not being kids. How many kids have you ever heard say "I'm not creative"? Why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment