About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Moonwalking With Goodreads

In May of last year, while loitering in the Tattered Cover Bookstore in Denver, I read about half of Joshua Foer's "Moonwalking With Einstein" (2011). Given my high geek quotient and memory I couldn't resist a book with the subtitle "The Art & Science of Remembering Everything".

Then a few months ago, my local librarian turned me onto the Goodreads website. If you're a reader and any kind of list maker, you'll love this site. Rate some books you've finished and an algorithm spits out recommendations; Foer's book appeared on my non-fiction list, reminding me (ahem) to finish it. It was so worth it. To date, every non-fiction recommendation made by the site has been worthwhile; what a find.

I do have a quibble with the 1-5 star rating system Goodreads uses. Two stars for "OK" and one star for "I didn't like it" doesn't give me enough room. I need a category in between those two. I'm curious if any of you familiar with the site agree or disagree. But "Moonwalking For Einstein" is fully deserving of a Goodreads four star rating ("I really liked it") and I'm depending on you to remember I said so.    


       

No comments:

Post a Comment