About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ready For You

OK, I'm ready. After reading this post, call me an elitist. Or, if you prefer adjectives use supercilious. Need the one-two punch of adjective with noun? Try arrogant snob. Only a hyphenated epithet will do? Hit me with pseudo-intellectual. Better yet, come up with your own words and make them good ones - that's the whole point of the ersatz erudition that follows.

At this point in my reading life, especially with non-fiction, I really enjoy it when a writer's vocabulary challenges me. Get your sarcastic mojos working because there are no qualifications coming for this view. Although having a dictionary nearby when reading puts me in solid geek territory, no apologies are offered. I don't like feeling inadequate (who does?) but learning new words while I read has become, if not essential, clearly important to me. Got your nasty rejoinders ready? I hope so because there's a bit more.

This blog is appropriately named "Reflections From The Bell Curve" because I have no illusions about my intelligence. Like many of us on the bell curve, I have a smattering of knowledge about lots of stuff but I'm neither exceptional nor a scholar. But each time I'm exposed to someone much smarter than I, whether an author or someone I know, I grow. Every new word is a new world. I won't get to visit all of them all but bring on those new worlds, please. Got those insults handy? Make them shiny & new. 


    

1 comment:

  1. SOLID geek territory. But I love this about you. Always looking to learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete