About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Moment

The moments are few and far between. But on those occasions when my public guitar playing briefly transports me, all those hours of solitary practice are suddenly worth the effort.

My own musical moments of near rapture almost never match up with what anyone who is listening responds to. But last night, even that rare confluence occurred. During my first set, I was near the beginning of a second chorus of "How Insensitive" when a brief and very simple improvised phrase made me laugh with joy. As I looked up, someone in the middle of the noisy room smiled and nodded at me.

The memory of a second set that disappointed me will soon fade. That moment is mine forever.          

No comments:

Post a Comment