About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Nine Days On The Road

Because my wife and I still enjoy each other's company after 36 years, we're looking forward to our time alone on a road trip to Maine beginning Saturday. That is, except for the road part.

Our car conversations are stimulating, we enjoy listening to music (provided what she calls "frantic jazz" and King Crimson are minimized), and we almost always agree what books we'll listen to on tape. Though our respective food clocks are not perfectly synchronized, they're close enough to keep low sugar rants at bay. But the driving - oh boy.

If you're in a long term relationship, what is your point of greatest friction? My wife and I take the expression "driving me nuts" to a whole new level. We both anxiously anticipate the day self-driving cars become reality - marital bliss awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment