About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Alone In A Group

I'm not in the habit of spending time alone in groups. I usually meditate alone and attend the theater with my wife or friends. But today, after meditating in a group setting early in the day and then seeing "Danny Collins" alone in a movie theater, I began reflecting on elements the two situations shared.

* Although the activities themselves were solitary, I was surrounded by others.
* Aside from my breathing while meditating, all the sound I heard in both settings was not of my own making.
* Both situations were ideal for tuning out the monkey mind that plagued me yesterday.

In addition, though I didn't realize it immediately, having time to process the film on my own was a welcome change. What did you notice the last time you were alone in a group?    

No comments:

Post a Comment