About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Defying A Stereotype

Though there's little chance I'll end up a talking head on Fox News, after being recently castigated for my "knee jerk liberalism", I started reflecting on a few of my conservative bona fides:

* Clearly I'm fiscally conservative, at least personally. Financial risk and I have never seen eye-to eye.

* Though I'm no prude, and I came of age in the 60's, free love and open marriage have never had any appeal. That gives me some conservative chits, no?

* My wife and I raised our daughter with clear boundaries and did not try to be her friend. For me, democracy and parenting are mutually exclusive. What's liberal about that?

I've got several more but it's your turn. Whether you identify as liberal or conservative, in what domains of your life do you defy the stereotypes attached to those labels?

No comments:

Post a Comment