About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, November 12, 2015

It's A Wonderful World

Is there any place in the world you have no interest in exploring?

As each year draws to a close, my wife and I discuss which places on our ever-expanding list we'd like to visit. Following one of our recent 2016 planning conversations, I realized there are very few places I'd reject out of hand.

I do have one guideline that helps keep my list manageable. Despite the allure some countries offer, I'm not interested in putting myself in harm's way. So, if a stable government has not been in place for at least ten years in an otherwise interesting country, I can wait, thank you. I appreciate and admire journalists who report on and photograph these places; their courage assists and humbles me in equal measure.

But aside from that guideline, my interest ranges from places it would be nice to see, to places I want to see, to places I really want to see, to places I really really want to see. There is no place on the other side of the equation. You?  

No comments:

Post a Comment