About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Still On The Balance Beam

The dictionary has over twenty five definitions for the word balance. But none of those definitions really get to the core of my reflections when I consider the balance in my own life.

The more I explore the concept of balance - probably the subject or subtext for dozens of posts since the inception of my blog - the more the fitting it seems that the word has so many definitions. There are so many competing impulses each of us try keeping in balance. Work/play; planning/spontaneity; privacy/transparency; etc. Which balancing act is currently bedeviling you?

My current struggle is one that sits near the doing/being balance beam, i.e. accomplishing/relaxing aka producing/chilling. This is not a balance issue I envisioned I'd be having almost six years after leaving the world of full time work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment