About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Pop Culture Triptych - Volume 3

Even with the number of words available and the hundreds or thousands of song lyrics we've heard over our lives, the four words below can still only conjure three possible songs in the minds of most people.

I say huckleberry and you say ....

I say unphotographable and you say ...

I say Joe DiMaggio and you say ...

Oh yeah, I've got a long list of these unmistakable references from pop songs . But I'm just greasing the wheels. In your mind, what word or name is so inextricably linked to a specific song that there is only one plausible response? No phrases or sentences, and the word can't be part of the title of the song. Fair is fair. Bring 'em on.

2 comments:

  1. I say Albert Hall (Is that a phrase?) and you say...
    I say trailer park (is that a phrase?) and you say...
    I say Goodbye and you say.... (Oh I guess that's cheating)
    I say fish and you say...
    I say inkwell and you say...
    You say huckleberry and I say this is harder than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim; Nice work. I got the Albert Hall reference("A Day In The Life") and the fish ("Can't Help Lovin Dat Man") although I think others could come up with different fishy songs. Still, you and I did the Spock mind-meld thing on that particular fishy song. You stumped me with both trailer park and inkwell - damn. And though you're right about cheating on "I say Goodbye ..." the way you answered is a clever pun on the wording from my post; extra credit for that my huckleberry friend - see you at Moon River.

      Delete