About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Headed For The Hall Of Fame

How many of us are satisfied if one out of every three decisions we make turn out well and the other two are duds? What if one out of every three of our relationships is a winner and the other two don't go anywhere? If we start three projects and only one gets successfully completed, what goes through our heads?

If a baseball player bats .333 over a lifetime he gets into the Hall of Fame. So how come up til now going one for three has not felt so good? I'm going to start using the Hall of Fame guideline to help make some of my expectations more realistic. Why not join me? A few possibilities for me below - yours?

* I'm headed for the Hall of Fame if one out of every three of my blog posts gets a reaction of any kind (online or off) from anyone.
* I'm headed for the Hall of Fame if one out of every three new songs I learn on the guitar requires me to surmount some technical challenge.
* I'm headed for the Hall of Fame if one out of every three times I begin losing my patience or temper I talk myself out of it.          

No comments:

Post a Comment