About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Is "Esque" Good Enough?

A while back, someone I once worked with remarked that my blog postings struck him as "...vintage Pat...". Ever since, I've periodically re-visited this remark, no doubt made with little forethought. Such is the curse of a good memory combined with a lifelong habit of writing down morsels I think might later be useful.  

At first, I decided what he meant to say was that my blog is "Barton-ish". A little time went by, and I felt as though I was selling myself short. Instead, I concluded what he had really meant to say was my blog is "Bartonian". That elevated Henry James-like adjective stuck with me for a while.

Most recently I arrived at "Bartonesque". Now I'm getting closer to the real intent of what my ex-colleague meant, I thought. The new low I've sunk to? Soliciting your suggestions for turning me into an adjective, provided said adjectives are not profane.

No comments:

Post a Comment