About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, April 13, 2012

When Gratitude And Clarity Coincide

What a gift it is when I'm grateful for my good fortune at the same time I'm feeling clear about my life's purpose. How often in your life have gratitude and this type of clarity coincided? The state of grace mystics describe in their writing seems similar to what I've experienced on these occasions.

The last time this happened to me I wrote more than 30 pages in my journal over the course of about 12 hours. Re-reading that journal entry puts me close to the exhilaration I felt that day. What do you do so that you can re-live these moments later? Who do you tell about the experience? I tried describing my last experience to my wife. Although I knew the words would be inadequate, like describing love or a passage of great music, I still felt compelled to share it with her.

Though sometimes I yearn to be able to re-capture moments like this at will, I know their power is conferred by their uniqueness. Tell me about yours; it will help me remain patient and open until my next one arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment