About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Go Ahead, Make My Day

Which habit has eaten so many hours of your life that more than once you've thought "enough already"?

Soon after I packed books during our last move, I asked my wife to stop gifting me any more books about film. No doubt, I'll remain a movie buff indefinitely but clearly I know as much as I ever need to about such an ephemeral subject. Everyone needs mindless distractions, you say. True - and I've got plenty of others. Here's the question: Which one can you let go with no discernible loss to your quality of life? You don't have more than one? Great, when next I see you remind me - I'd like to see that walk-on-water bit you do.

Recently my young adult daughter decided she was jettisoning her Facebook jones; stay tuned re that. My brother has alluded to YouTube as the ultimate time-sucking vortex. "Angry Birds", anyone? But hasn't modern technology also provided many worthwhile pursuits, like...reading and responding to blogs? Tell me what you think; this is about quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment