About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Luke To The Rescue

" I love you but you don't know what the hell you're talking about."

After years of "Hey, Boo" being our favorite line of movie dialogue to say to one another, my wife and I now have a replacement. What line of movie dialogue has become a riff in one of your relationships? 

The replacement line at the top is from Wes Anderson's quirky new film called "Moonrise Kingdom". It fits because of the many speedbumps in our conversations over 34 years. The line it replaced is from "To Kill A Mockingbird". That one worked for us based on our enjoyment of each other's company.

I know we're not alone doing this. My sister and her husband have a line from "My Cousin Vinny" they've been saying to each other since that movie was released. If you don't yet have one of these allow me to suggest "What we have here is a failure to communicate". Is it possible to avoid having this line from "Cool Hand Luke" fit at least one relationship in your life? Really? Come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment