About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Yuck...or... Yum?

How often do you entertain yourself musing about slippery words and expressions? This stuff fascinates me ( I know, I'm a geek) so I hope you'll offer up your own examples after reading a few of mine.

* When people say things like "I wonder when he/she will settle down" might they be hoping that he/she will "settle for" someone?

* How long can you hold a grudge against someone before the grudge begins holding you?

* Where is the line between showmanship and showing off?

Tomato, potahto, you say? A very precocious young relative of mine once said "You're yuck could be my yum". I haven't yet been able to improve on that wisdom.   



1 comment: