About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Solipsistic Season

solipsism: the theory that only the self exists or can be proven to exist.

First things first. Blogging is arguably the personification of a solipsistic activity. So the line I'm about to pursue could be adding insult to injury, solipsism-wise. But here goes.

When was the last time you gave yourself a Christmas gift? Maybe you did this as recently as yesterday. Or maybe it's been a while. Me? Never, that I can recall. Now before anyone goes all sanctimoniously "spirit of the season" on me, I'm not claiming to be unselfish or looking for a martyr medal.

But I promised myself (there it goes again!) when starting this blog I'd reflect on stuff average people like me sometimes have on their minds, warts and all. So... Twas the night after Christmas and I thought of me, and buying a gift to put under the tree.           
 

No comments:

Post a Comment