About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, December 7, 2012

Honoring A Good Man

Aside from obvious markers like birthdays, which dates remind you of loved ones you've lost?

Because he was a World War II vet, Pearl Harbor Day reminds me of my Dad. Living through 9/11 has deepened my appreciation of the need for bearing witness. If my Dad were still alive he would be doing exactly that today; he was 23 years old on 12/7/41, the same age my daughter is now.

In addition, for reasons not wholly clear to me, my patriotism seems to be on the rise lately. My Dad was a patriot in the best sense of the word. Earlier today, taking note of the date, I felt Dad nearby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment