Unless plans change, it could be difficult to post tomorrow so I'll use this penultimate day of 2012 for a brief retrospective of the year past. I'd welcome hearing your "Best of 2012", using my categories or better yet, your own.
* Best time away: Bike riding in Tuscany. Actually, this might be the all time favorite for this category.
* Best time with friends: An adult sleepover! Early on a Saturday the four of us worked with Habitat For Humanity. Next: Our local coffee shop, then a matinee of "Lincoln". Played some guitar, had dinner, talked into the night. Started all over Sunday morning - breakfast, sharing the Sunday NY Times, more conversation & guitar. What a gift having such an extended interaction with other people.
* Best book club meeting: Discussing "The Tattoo Artist" by Jill Ciment.
* Best concert: Tie - The Dukes of September at NYC's Beacon Theatre and Joe Jackson at the Count Basie Theater.
* Best discovery: The Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver.
* Best family event: My niece's wedding in Alexandria, dancing so long to the great live music my green shirt turned translucent.
Happy new year!