About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Time For An Intervention

My subscription to Rolling Stone lapsed many years ago. So being routinely unfamiliar with popular songs and artists regularly mentioned on their final page is understandable if a tad on the old fart side.

But when a mainstream middlebrow non-music magazine like Time lists "13 songs of Summer 2013" and not a single song or artist is on my musical radar, it's time to get back in the game. I fully recognize at my age the word hip is more likely to be used discussing anatomy needing attention than music my peers and I listen to. But as a lifelong musician, it bothers me being this out of touch. I need a music intervention.

My daughter helped me create a few Pandora stations featuring young artists. My brother tries to keep me up-to-date, periodically making CD mixes for me with current songs by contemporary artists. And my wife discovered a good local college radio station. But more help is needed. Time magazine ahead of me musically? I'm in trouble. Your suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment