About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Egypt 54 - France 39

Of stuff mentioned to date on this blog, I'm most frequently asked for updates on the "eat around the world" project initiated March 23, 2011.

Early this year I merged two pieces of geography - the number of countries that have viewed my blog vs. the number of sampled cuisines. On January 8, that score was Mongolia 47- Iran 22, a gap of 25 countries. After France became sampled cuisine #39 yesterday (tomato coulis, eggplant a la Provencale, bouillabaisse, peaches au gratin), the gap narrowed to 15 countries. Late in July, with my family's help, four countries (Australia, Columbia, Israel and the Philippines) got knocked off in one stuff-our-faces feast. And because my siblings are geography geeks like me we enjoyed facts, laughs and mild disagreements along with the Australian ginger beer & creamy fish, boliarepa, tu bi' shvat cake & singkamas/jicama salad. FYI, spellcheck really doesn't like that last sentence.  

Given the interest in this project, my wife recently suggested starting a separate blog devoted to it. Although her idea has appeal, at present, sustaining two blogs at once is a little daunting. So for now, my original commitment of providing an occasional update will have to suffice. But keep your restaurant recommendations coming. Next stop? Russia via Manalapan, NJ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment