About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, April 15, 2016

Taxman

Today's pertinent questions: If it were possible, how would you choose to have your tax dollars spent? And, what would you select be excluded from the tiny pot you contribute?

If I were sure all my moolah supported the National Endowment For The Arts, the Department of Education and the Environmental Protection Agency, the checks I write every April 15th would sting a little less. And knowing none of my dough is subsidizing either the tobacco or the coal industry in any fashion would be really sweet.

Recently a good friend told me of some Quakers he knows who refuse to pay the percentage of their tax bill representing the respective amount the Federal government dedicates to the military. I'm not that brave. But how I admire people willing to risk the wrath of the IRS for their moral principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment