About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Great Book, Good News, Fine Week

What book did you discuss in the most recent rich book conversation you had?

Although I might be setting myself up for disappointment, I'm having trouble imagining a dull conversation about "Let The Great World Spin". Colum McCann's 2009 novel is so packed with provocative ideas, diverse characters and literary inventiveness it begs to be discussed. Good news - Because my wife finished it not long before I did in late 2014, I've already had one opportunity to    
chew over this powerhouse with someone smart.

But, still greedy to hear what other discerning readers took away from the novel, I was thrilled one of my book clubs recently selected it. Even better, a few months ago a new couple - both writers - joined this same club. Cool.

Looking forward to the discussion in a few days is making this into a fine week, technology breakdowns during my latest class notwithstanding. Now, if you've read "Let The Great World Spin", take me up another notch. Tell me and others your impression of McCann's book.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Pat! These discussion group members should be able to give you a lot of feedback on McCann's book.

    ReplyDelete