About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, April 29, 2016

Others Preparing Others For You

Imagine you're eavesdropping on a conversation. You're listening to someone who has known you reasonably well for a long time; that person is speaking to their new partner, someone you have yet to meet. How would the person who knows you prepare their new partner for that first face-to-face with you?

How often have you imagined how people prepare others for you? What do you hear? How much does what get said shift depending on who's doing the preparing? Often, I first try to hear what my sisters or my brother might say in these situations. They love me and they are my harshest critics so my potential for growth is highest imagining what the three of them might say to prepare others for me.

Lately, I've thought about starting to ask people I meet for the first time how my family or friends prepared them for me. Although I suspect honest answers might be in short supply, the question could ignite some lively conversation, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment