About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, January 1, 2017

(A Head) Start - Stop - Continue: 2017

This is the sixth consecutive New Year's Day featuring the start-stop-continue model. And though I got a semi-head start in 2017, don't let my tiny fudging dissuade you from declaring here publicly what you will start, stop, and continue this year. Most every year I get a few more pledges from readers. Why not join the fun?   

I began publicizing my own book club in early December. But since the first meeting is not until later this month, I am counting the club's kickoff as my start pledge for 2017.

In 2017, I will stop postponing the writing of a book that has been in my head for five years. I lost many of my notes for that book by not backing up my laptop before it crashed in November 2015. Then last September I somehow emptied a full water bottle into my backpack while in the Denver airport; more notes were destroyed in that second act of self-sabotage. It's time to get down to the business of actually writing the thing and stop pretending I need time to gather "more notes".

In 2017, I will continue the project of getting a CD made with my original songs featuring my daughter on vocals. We've finished the first cut of about half the material; the finish line is in sight. The really good news? This was the "start" pledge made in my first start-stop-continue post on January 1 2012.

Let's all wish one another good luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment