About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Prayer

What is the last statistic you came across that really landed hard with you?

Since seeing "Lion" around the holidays, I've had difficulty shaking loose a postscript shown on the screen just before the credits begin rolling - "Each year 80,000 children go missing in India". What can an average person like me do with information like that? How can anyone begin to process the toll exacted on the parents of those missing children?

I'm reasonably sure many of you support charities aimed at addressing the ample misery our world has to offer. On some days, my contributions to those organizations gives me solace. On days my life is narrowly focused on myself, those contributions and the people my money is supposed to assist never cross my mind.

Several days since reading that statistic following "Lion", there has been neither solace nor blissful privilege-laden oblivion. During the periods on those in-between days, like today, when I consider those children and their parents, only prayer can soothe me. If you're so inclined, please join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment