About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

RIP (Give Or Take A Few Decades)

Though I've visited this morbid territory previously (note link at the bottom), a recent conversation with a journalist persuaded me my first visit to Grim Reaper Row wasn't thorough enough. So, who else on the bell curve has given thought to the wording of their obit, given that - unlike the rich and famous - no one else is writing your sendoff in advance? To marginally diminish the creepiness, treat this as a planning exercise. I'll go first, leaving out the obvious, the cuddly, and the biographical.

"Pat Barton lived a life of passion - for his family & friends, music, literature, film, travel, and learning"

That takes care of it for me. You?

http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2013/03/rsvp.html

No comments:

Post a Comment