About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

World Traveling Via Food (To Be Continued)

Following a recent conversation with a neighbor who is a good cook, I came up with a goal I want your help with. Over the coming years, my wife and I are going to try to eat the native food of every country on earth.

Because I'm no youngster (and also because I'm on the bell curve with respect to travel funds), I decided this goal is a nice middle ground. Although it's unlikely I'll be able to visit every country in the world, trying a sampling of all the world's food is possible but still a challenge. My wife and I will also add one small ritual at the start of each meal: We'll say the equivalent of "Bon Appetit" in the native tongue of the country we're "in"!

How can you help? Make any suggestions that occur to you about how I can accomplish this. Or...tell me what challenges you think I might face and your ideas for overcoming them. Or..just comment on this blog.

Periodically, I'll let you know where we've "visited" and where we're having trouble gaining entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment